Address the full breadth of practices required to operate a successful customer experience program: from capturing feedback and sharing it across your organization, to building strategies that improve performance.
Medallia Customer Experience Certification
What you accomplish with your customer experience efforts is intimately tied to the clarity of your strategy and goals. We launch the course by exploring the crucial link between customer expectations, customer experience delivery, and the creation of business value.
- Explain how customers’ experiences influence their future behavior
- Describe the behaviors of loyal customers that add business value
- Link your customer experience program objectives to your company's business goals
A customer-centered listening approach is at the core of any effective customer experience program. We start by mapping the customer journey to inform the timing of customer feedback and their most relevant experiences. You will then explore some engaging methods for getting valuable feedback.
- Map the key touchpoints customers have with your brand
- Identify appropriate times to get feedback during the customer journey
- Choose a sampling approach that balances information needs with frequency of customer contact
- Select feedback channels that maximize ease and relevance for the respondent
- Assess the effectiveness of your feedback design
In this section, we focus on the critical importance of internal communication, buy-in, and accountability. You will practice techniques for communicating the relevance of customer feedback internally and see how other companies have structured program rollouts across the organization.
- Motivate executives to use customer experience as part of their business strategy
- Outline the major phases of a customer experience change roadmap
- Identify the components of a communications and training plan to drive use of customer feedback company-wide
- Describe the role of key teams that support an integrated customer experience program
Every customer interaction is an opportunity to either excel or drop the ball. The best companies grasp this opportunity and follow up on customers’ feedback one-to-one. In this section, we outline the objectives and best practices of building a closed-loop feedback process.
- Set objectives for closed-loop action that supports business goals
- Outline the components of a successful closed-loop process, including escalations
- Develop effective guidelines, templates, and training for closed-loop communications
- Explain how to tailor closed-loop follow-up for different business settings
In this section, you will learn common ways to identify trends, key drivers, and pain points using quantitative data as well as comment data. Back that up by prototyping and testing new ideas, and you’ll be ready to make incremental improvements or game-changing innovations.
- Use quantitative data to identify trends and pinpoint improvement opportunities
- Use comment data and text analytics to clarify customer themes and experiences
- Leverage customer-centered design processes to create innovations
- Measure the effectiveness of improvements using field testing and customer feedback
Sustaining excellence is possible only when customer feedback becomes part of the fabric of day-to-day operations. We will explore the importance of aligning goals and actions at all levels of the organization to create a customer-focused culture and motivate customer-centric behavior.
- Explain the critical role of leaders in building customer-centric culture
- Align every employee's actions with the customer experience
- Describe best practices for using customer feedback to coach teams
- Establish effective goals and incentives
To conclude the course, you will revisit the best practices we’ve covered by assessing your own company’s situation and developing an action plan.
- Assess your existing program to identify opportunities for improvement
- Prioritize areas of focus when rolling out a new customer experience program
Download course brochure